Imran Khan (عمران خان) is a politician and former cricketer who is the 22nd and current Prime Minister of Pakistan. Before entering politics, Khan was a cricketer and philanthropist. He is additionally the chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).
Debut: June 3, 1971, Imran Khan made his debut for Pakistan national cricket team at the age of 18, during the series 1971 against England at Edgbaston.
Retirement: 1992: He retired permanently from cricket six months after his last One Day Match, the 1992 World Cup final against England in Melbourne, Australia.
Major Teams: Pakistan, Dawood Club, Lahore, New South Wales, Oxford University, Pakistan International Airlines, Sussex, Worcestershire
Batting Style: Right-hand bat
Bowling Style: Right-arm fast
Relation Cousin: Javed Burki, Cousin – Majid Khan
- In 1987 President Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq offered him a political position in Pakistan Muslim League (PML) which he declined. He was likewise welcomed by Nawaz Sharif to join his political party.
- On 25 April 1996, Imran Khan established a political party, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).
- In the 1997 general election, Khan could not attain any seat of National Assembly.
- 2002 general election, only Imran Khan could secure victory from his paternal seat of Mianwali.
- 2008, PTI boycotted 2008 general election.
- 2013, There were ample chances of PTI’s winning the general elections 2013, but failed by gaining only 27 General Seats.
- 2018, PTI scored 116 seats in 2018 General Election. On August 17, 2018, Imran Khan becomes 22nd Prime Minister of Pakistan.
|Real Name||Imran Khan (عمران خان)|
|Famous for||Cricket World Cup Winner 1992|
|Current Position (as in 2018)||Prime Minister of Pakistan
Chairman of PTI
|Height (Approx)||Feet: 6
|Weight (Approx)||75 KG
Pounds 165 LBS
|Eye Color||Hazel Brown|
|Hair Color||Salt & Pepper|
|Chest Size: 38 inches
Waist Size: 34 inches
Biceps: 14 inches
|Date of Birth||5 October 1952|
|Age (as in 2018)||66 years|
|Birth Place||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Hometown||Zaman Park Lahore
|School||Royal Grammar School
Aitchison College Lahore
|College/University||Keble College Oxford|
|Education||B.A. (Hons.) in Philosophy,
Politics and Economics (PPE) 1975
(ii) Pride of Performance.
(iii) Oxford University Hall of Fame.
(iv) Keble College, Oxford, honorary fellow.
(v) Lifetime achievement award,
Asian jewel awards, London.
(vi) Humanitarian award,
Asian sports awards, Kuala Lumpur.
(vii) Jinnah award, 2011.
(viii) Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh,
|Father||Ikramullah Khan Niazi|
|Spouse|| Bushra Manika (m. 2018)
Reham Khan (m. 2014–2015)
Jemima Goldsmith (m. 1995–2004)
|Children(s)||Sulaiman Isa Khan
|Famous Personalities||Muhammad (PBUP)|
|Favorite Cricketer(s)||Navjot Singh Sidhu
|Favorite Politician(s)||Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah|
|Food||Roasted Desi Murgi (Chicken)|
|Net Worth (approx)||₨1.4 billion
|Founder of||Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI)
Some facts about Imran Khan:
- Does Imran Khan smoke? No
- Does Imran Khan drink alcohol? No
- During his School days, Imran Khan broke his left arm while climbing a tree.
- Khan made his First-Class debut at the age of 16.
- He selected in Pakistan’s National Cricket Team while studying at Oxford.
- In 2004, Khan was robbed at gunpoint while driving through the edges of Islamabad.
- He published six books, (i) Pakistan: A Personal History (ii) Warrior Race: Journey Through the Imran Khan (iii) All Round View (iv) Imran: The Autobiography of Imran Khan (v) Imran Khan’s Cricket Skills (vi) West and East.