Ranbir Kapoor is an actor & film producer. He is the highest-paid actors of Hindi film industry and has featured in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list since 2012. Ranbir Kapoor is the recipient of several awards, including 5 Filmfare Awards.
|Real Name||Ranbir Raj Kapoor|
|Nick Name||Ganglu, Daboo|
|Profession||Actor, Businessman, Producer|
|Famous for||Indian Actor|
|Current Position (as in 2019)||Indian Film Actor
|Height (Approx)||6’ Feet
|Weight (Approx)||78 kg
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Chest: 42 Inches
Waist: 32 Inches
Biceps: 15 Inches
|Body Shape||6 packs|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1982|
|Age (as in 2019)||36 years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College/University||H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
School of Visual Arts, New York
Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, New York
|Education||A Course on film making from the "School of Visual Arts"|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Saawariya (2007)
Film (Producer): Jagga Jasoos (2017)
|Tattoo||On His Wrist: Written "Awara" in hindi
Right Palm: A Cross symbol
2008: Best Male Debut for Saawariya
2010: Best Actor (Critics) for Wake Up Sid, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year
2012: Best Actor for Rockstar, Best Actor (Critics) for Rockstar
2013: Best Actor for Barfi!
2007: Sabsey Favourite Naya Hero for Saawariya at Star's Sabsey Favourite Kaun Awards
2013: Screen Award for Best Actor (Popular Choice) for Barfi!
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honours, and achievements to his name.
|Father||Father: Rishi Kapoor (Actor)
Grandfather: Raj Kapoor
|Mother||Mother: Neetu Singh (Actress)
Grandmother- Krishna Kapoor
Sister(s) Riddhima Kapoor Sahani
Cousin Sisters: Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor
|Girlfriends/Affairs||• Nandita Mahtani (Fashion Designer)
• Deepika Padukone (2007-2009)
• Katrina Kaif (2012-2016)
• Mahira Khan
• Alia Bhatt
|Hobbies||Traveling, Playing Football, Watching Movies|
|Favorite Actress||Bollywood: Madhuri Dixit, Kajol
Hollywood: Natalie Portman, Jennifer Connelly
|Favorite Actor||Bollywood: Akshaye Khanna, Rishi Kapoor
Hollywood: Al Pacino, Dustin Hoffman
|Favorite Film||Bollywood: "Shree 420"
Hollywood: "Life is Beautiful"
|Favorite TV Show||Travel and Living|
|Favorite Directors(s)||Sanjay Leela Bhansali
|Favorite Musician||AR Rahman|
|Favorite Color||Red, White & Black|
|Favourite Restaurant||Gajalee, Ling’s Pavillion|
|Favorite Food(s)||Home made Food especially Bhindi, Chinese, Paya, Mutton, Italian, Jungli|
|Favorite Fruit(s)||Bananas, Mosambi, Water-Melon|
|Favorite Book||Heavier Than Heaven by Charles R. Cross|
|Favorite Song||‘The Boxer’ by Simon and Garfunkel, Channa Mereya,
Kisiki Muskurahaton Pe Ho Nisaar (Anari)
|Destination(s)||New York, USA, Venice, Puglia in Italy|
|Favorite Dessert(s)||Creme Brulee
|Net Worth (approx)||$42 Million USD|
- Does Ranbir smoke?:- Yes
- Does Ranbir drink alcohol ?:- Yes
- Ranbir is the fourth generation of a highly prestigious & first family of Bollywood- Kapoor family.
- Ranbir Kapoor got his name from grandfather, Raj Kapoor, as his real name was Ranbir Raj Kapoor.
- He was very much naughty in childhood; as he used to break toys to explore what’s inside them. Even afterward, he once pushed Fire Alarm in New York to check by which time the guards appear.
- Since his childhood, Ranbir was good at playing football and had also performed at the district level.
- He considers football as his favorite stress-buster and is the co-owner of the Indian Super League football team Mumbai City FC.
- In class seven, he had his first girlfriend.
- He was the 1st from his Kapoor group to pass Class 10 and finish College.
- In his teens, he had a massive crush on Imran Khan‘s wife, Avantika Malik.
- During 9/11 attack in New York(NYC) in 2001, he was on the street near the World Trade Center.
- Before the start of his career, he assisted Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Rishi Kapoor in the movies, Black and Aa Ab Laut Chalen.
- During the shoot of his debut movie “Saawariya,” around 100 plus people saw him naked in towel dance song, “Jab Se Tere Naina.”
- With his first income, he bought a Hublot hand wristwatch.
- His mother is health conscious and takes care of Ranbir’s health by giving him healthy fruit and vegetable juices every day.
- Ranbir Raj Kapoor has an inch long cut on his right cheek; as Ranbir was rushing to the bathroom in his childhood days & fell on the pot.
- Besides acting, he is a qualified Jazz and Ballet dancer. He has also undergone horse riding classes.
- During his shoot for “WakeUp Sid,” he tried around 65 to 70 boxers for the introducing shot, and all the fighters he has worn in the film were his boxers.
- He took two year’s training for Tabla and also learned to play guitar for his film Rockstar.
- It revealed in some TV shows that whenever Ranbir wants to looks healthy for some award shows or ramp walk, he wears 2 to 3 T-Shirts under his attire & 7 sometimes wears the double number of jeans.
- He approached for the 2nd lead in Star Wars, but he refused.
- Ranbir was the first choice of Bittoo Sharma in the film “Band Baja Baarat,” but he was not able to get that. Later on, he regretted not being the part of the movie at “Koffee With Karan.”
- Apart from earning a handsome amount from Hindi films, Ranbir still takes his pocket money of ₹1500/week from his mother.
- In the interview with Arnab Goswami, he told that his biggest inspiration is his grandfather, not his father (Rishi Kapoor), although he is a big fan of his father’s work and has watched all of his movies.
- Ranbir Raj Kapoor suffers from Nasal Deviated Septum due to which he speaks & eats fast.
- He is Brand conscious & prefers wearing Prada slippers at home.
- He tried to quit smoking, but he could not. He admitted in the interview that he lacks the willpower to quit smoking.
- For the song “Naadan Parinde” in the film- Rockstar (2011), he tried nearly two dozen wigs.
- On his 30th birthday, Sanjay Dutt (Actor) gifted him a red Harley Davidson motorcycle.
- Ranbir is a coffee buff and drinks two cups of Espresso after waking up. He carries Espresso machine with him on the shoots.
- Ranbir has a Mumma’s Boy personality, as he is very close to mother (Neetu Singh) and according to some sources, her mother used to cut his nails off.
- Despite having a happy go lucky personality, Ranbir is very emotional as in an interview; he stated that he cries very often.
- He has a habit of adding the digits on the number plate of every vehicle that he sees on the road while driving.
- Ranbir not seen any of his mother’s (Neetu Singh) movie because he told that he feels shy about watching it, he avoids if someone would comment on his mother’s work.
- He is not active on social media handles like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- In 2018, he in “Sanju,” an Indian biographical drama film based on the life of actor Sanjay Dutt, Ranbir has portrayed Sanjay Dutt in the movie.
- Ranbir addicted to Candy Crush Game that whenever he finds some leisure time, he loves playing it.
- His grandfather Prithviraj Kapoor was a cousin of Surinder Kapoor (Anil Kapoor‘s father).
- “Sanju” became Ranbir’s 1st film to reach the 200 crore mark.
Ranbir Kapoor Movies List
- Saawariya (2007)
- Bachna Ae Haseeno (2008)
- Wake Up Sid (2009)
- Rocket Singh Salesman of the year (2009)
- Raajneeti (2010)
- Anjaana Anjaani (2010)
- Rockstar (2011)
- Barfi (2012)
- Yeh Jaawani Hai Deewani (2013)
- Besharam (2013)
- Tamasha (2015)
- Roy (2015)
- Bombay Velvet (2015)
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016)
- Jagga Jasoos (2017)
- Sanju (2018)